The Glock 37 is a popular choice for those who prefer large-caliber handguns. This innovative firearm represents a quantum leap in big-bore technology, delivering power-packed performance in a standard-framed handgun. With its modular “back strap” design, the Glock 37 allows shooters to quickly and easily customize the grip to fit any hand size.
Whether you’re a seasoned shooter or just starting out, the Glock 37 is a top choice for firearms enthusiasts. Its all-round performance makes it a great choice for shooting, training, and defense. With a variety of accessories available, you can customize your Glock 37 to suit your needs and preferences. And with its easy-to-use design, you can purchase and start shooting right away.
If you’re in the market for a new handgun, the Glock 37 is definitely worth considering. With its powerful performance and customizable design, it’s a top choice for anyone looking for a reliable and versatile firearm. Whether you’re looking to improve your shooting skills or just want to feel more secure in your home or on the go, the Glock 37 is an excellent choice.
Overview of Glock 37
The Glock 37 is a large-caliber handgun representing a quantum leap in big-bore technology. It is chambered for the .45 GAP cartridge, which was developed to match the power of the .45 Auto while maintaining a compact form factor and high ease of use. The G37 offers power-packed performance in a standard-framed handgun, making it an all-around pistol that is perfect for those who prefer large-caliber handguns.
The barrel length of the Glock 37 is 4.49 inches, and the weight of the gun is 1.82 pounds. The magazine has a standard capacity of 10 rounds, and a dual recoil spring assembly manages the recoil. The slide length is 7.59 inches, and the width is 1.18 inches. The trigger distance is 2.76 inches, which makes it easy to shoot accurately.
The Glock 37 features a Safe Action® System, which ensures that the gun is always ready to fire when you need it. The dual recoil spring assembly reduces recoil and increases accuracy, while the modular back strap and rough textured technology ensure a comfortable grip. The stopping power of the .45 GAP cartridge is well-known, making the Glock 37 a popular choice for law enforcement and self-defense.
In terms of accessories, the Glock 37 is compatible with a wide range of aftermarket parts, including sights, holsters, and magazines. This makes it easy to customize the gun to suit your needs and preferences. Overall, the Glock 37 is a reliable and powerful handgun that is perfect for those who want a large-caliber handgun that is easy to shoot and accurate.
Design and Features
The Glock 37 is a large-caliber handgun that offers power-packed performance in a standard-framed pistol. Let’s take a closer look at the design and features of this impressive firearm.
Barrel and Magazine Catch
The barrel of the Glock 37 is 4.49 inches long and features polygonal rifling. This unique barrel design helps to increase accuracy and reduce wear on the barrel. The magazine catch is located on the left side of the frame and can be easily operated with the thumb of the shooting hand.
Slide Length and Width
The slide of the Glock 37 is 7.32 inches long and 1.18 inches wide. This makes it easy to grip and manipulate, even for shooters with smaller hands. The slide is also designed to be easy to disassemble and clean, which is an important consideration for anyone who plans to use the firearm regularly.
Height and Overall Length
The Glock 37 has a height of 5.47 inches and an overall length of 8.03 inches. This makes it a relatively compact firearm, ideal for concealed carry or use in tight spaces. The firearm’s low profile also helps reduce the likelihood of snagging on clothing or other objects.
Backstraps and Sights
The Glock 37 features interchangeable backstraps, allowing the shooter to customize the firearm’s grip to their own preferences. This is a particularly useful feature for shooters with larger or smaller hands. The firearm also comes with standard Glock sights, which are highly visible and easy to acquire.
Performance and Shooting Experience
The Glock 37 is a powerful handgun that provides a unique shooting experience. The recoil is manageable and controllable, making it easy to accomplish high-speed shooting sequences. The pistol’s accuracy is impressive, thanks to its fixed sights and ergonomic grip.
The .45 GAP cartridge used by the Glock 37 provides excellent stopping power, making it a great choice for self-defense and law enforcement. The cartridge offers the same power as the .45 ACP but is shorter in length, allowing for a more compact form factor.
The Glock 37’s performance is also affected by the ammunition used. The pistol can handle a variety of different loads, from standard ball ammo to hollow points and +P rounds. Selecting the right ammunition for your intended use, whether it is target shooting or self-defense is essential.
Training with the Glock 37 is relatively easy, thanks to its user-friendly design. The pistol’s controls are intuitive and easy to operate, making it a great choice for beginners and experienced shooters alike. The Glock 37’s reliability is also impressive, with a reputation for functioning flawlessly even in adverse conditions.
The Glock 37 is a versatile, reliable handgun with excellent performance and shooting experience. Its power, accuracy, and controllability make it a great choice for self-defense, law enforcement, and target shooting. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced shooter, the Glock 37 is a pistol that you will enjoy shooting and can depend on in any situation.
Some key takeaways from the Glock 37’s performance and shooting experience include:
- The recoil is manageable and controllable, making it easy to accomplish high-speed shooting sequences.
- The pistol’s accuracy is impressive, thanks to its fixed sights and ergonomic grip.
- The .45 GAP cartridge provides excellent stopping power, making it a great choice for self-defense and law enforcement.
- The pistol can handle a variety of different loads, from standard ball ammo to hollow points and +P rounds.
- The Glock 37’s user-friendly design makes it easy to operate and a great choice for beginners and experienced shooters alike.
- The pistol’s reliability is impressive, with a reputation for functioning flawlessly even in adverse conditions.
Accessories and Parts
The Glock 37 is a powerful firearm known for its accuracy and reliability. However, having the right accessories and parts is important to get the most out of your Glock. Here are some of the best options available:
- Holsters: A good holster is essential for carrying your Glock 37. Options include inside the waistband (IWB), outside the waistband (OWB), and shoulder holsters.
- Magazines: Having extra magazines on hand can be a lifesaver in a self-defense situation. Glock offers magazines in various capacities, including 10, 13, and 15 rounds.
- Sights: Upgrading your sights can improve your accuracy and speed. Popular options include night sights and fiber optic sights.
- Lights: A weapon-mounted light can be a valuable tool for identifying targets in low-light situations.
- Grips: Changing the grip on your Glock 37 can improve your comfort and control. Options include rubberized grips and stippling.
- Dual Recoil Spring Assembly: The dual recoil spring assembly is a popular upgrade for the Glock 37. It can improve recoil management and prolong the life of your firearm.
- Trigger: Upgrading your trigger can improve your accuracy and make shooting more comfortable. Options include flat-faced triggers and adjustable triggers.
- Barrel: A high-quality barrel can improve your accuracy and reduce recoil. Glock offers barrels in various lengths and finishes.
- Slide: Upgrading your slide can improve accuracy and give Glock 37 a unique look. Options include custom slides and slide cuts.
- Magazine Release: Changing your magazine release can make it easier to drop your magazine quickly. Options include extended magazine releases and ambidextrous magazine releases.
When it comes to owning a firearm, legal considerations are a crucial aspect to keep in mind. Different states have different regulations and laws that firearm owners must abide by. This section will explore the legal considerations of owning a Glock 37 in various states.
New York State Police
The New York State Police require that all firearms be registered with the state. Furthermore, any modifications made to the firearm must be compliant with state laws. The Glock 37 is not on the list of firearms that are banned in New York State, but it is important to ensure that it is compliant with state laws.
New York Compliant
To be compliant with New York State laws, the Glock 37 must have a magazine capacity of no more than 10 rounds. Additionally, it must have a loaded weight of no more than 50 ounces. It is important to note that these regulations apply to all firearms in the state, not just the Glock 37.
In Colorado, the Glock 37 is legally owned but must comply with state laws. This means that it must have a magazine capacity of no more than 15 rounds. Furthermore, it is illegal to sell or transfer a firearm to anyone prohibited from owning a firearm under state or federal law.
In Washington, the Glock 37 is legal to own, but it must comply with state laws. This means it must have a magazine capacity of no more than 10 rounds. Additionally, it is illegal to sell or transfer a firearm to anyone prohibited from owning it under state or federal law.
In California, the Glock 37 is legal to own, but it must comply with state laws. This means that it must have a magazine capacity of no more than 10 rounds. Additionally, it must be equipped with a magazine disconnect mechanism. It is important to note that California has some of the strictest firearm laws in the country, and it is important to ensure that the Glock 37 complies with these laws.